Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Snuggly Snippets by Banana Mama!

These sweet little soft soled shoes were inspired by a need for leather soled shoes for my growing daughter. Mielle is quickly approaching 2 years old and I have found that I've been hesitant to spend the money on all leather shoes. I took it into my head that I could create shoes for her myself and began experimenting with fabric.

As others have seen my creations I've gotten a lot of positive feedback on them. I'm hoping by creating this blogspace to show them off, that perhaps some mamas will special order some for their toddlers (and new babies too!)I have high hopes of eventually starting a small business making shoes, which will allow me to stay home with my children while they are still little.

These shoes are made using fabrics such as denim, cordurouy or upholstery fabrics. They all have a sturdy leather sole but are much more washable than an all leather shoe. I recomend hand washing and air drying, but have put them through the washing machine and dryer with no ill effects. All of my shoes are fully lined with fabric keeping the child's foot out of contact with the leather bottoms, should you choose to use them without socks.

I have finally mananged to post photos and descriptions of most of my creations to date. I have much more fabrics and ideas to share and I hope to continue updating this site regularly. I hope you enjoy the photos and I am looking forward to reading your comments.

If you are interested in ordering a pair, please email me bananamamar@hotmail.com (or Personal Message at MDC) and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

3 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Jilly said...

Anna, I love, love LOVE your shoes!
jill

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Mar said...

Hey Anna, put a link to this craft blog on your regular blog. The shoes look awesome!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Anna Banana said...

Thank you so much for the feedback! I'm glad you are enjoying the pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home