Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Floral Fancies

This particular pair was designed by my older sister for her youngest daughter. I was visiting her in Georgia and we got our hands on a playful selection of upholstery fabrics. She choose two different coordinating fabrics for this pair of shoes. I lined the entire shoe with a third coordinating fabric to keep the foot out of contact with the interior leather, and to make them a little more sturdy.



It took me awhile to sit down and get them sewn up for her, but I'm thrilled with the results. I let Mielle wear them to church one day and we got a ton of compliments on them! I hope she is as happy with them as I am. (They are in the mail, Sis!)



I do have more of this fabric, but it was a fairly small piece, so the pieces feature different flowers and foliage. They are definitely one of a kind and in short supply!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home